Tuesday, December 16, 2014

HOLIDAY LOOKS

I'm finally done exams and am back home. Time to celebrate!
No matter the celebration, I think every girl's holiday outfit needs a little bit of sparkle. In this months issue of Elle Canada, Nanette Lepore said that "When it's a holiday party, there's more of an excuse for glitter and shine." I couldn't agree more. The holidays are a great time to get yourself all dolled up.
I've created seven looks for this holiday season based on sparkle and shine.

1: A sequin dress is definitely an eye-catcher. You'll be sparking with every move you make. I think this one's gorgeous and the python platforms bring out the embroidered sections of the dress.

2: A black and white dress can make coloured heels pop- red shoes would be fitting for a Christmas party. A statement necklace adds some shine.

3: Again, red is fitting for Christmas time and I find this dress to be really fun. With your hair worn up, a pair of statement earrings add a pop. These earrings tie in with the black suede boots and bring out the gold hardware on them.

4: I love this edgier look. A flowy, metallic skirt adds a lot of movement and is sure to catch people's eye. I love the look of this one with the leather bralette. With the white blazer thrown on top, it will be more weather appropriate. These booties would play up the leather in the bralette, and a pair of statement earrings tie the look together. 
ALDO ALLIE Boots $120 CAD

5: A great way to stay nice and cozy during the holidays is by wearing a turtleneck sweater. Pair it with a skirt and tights and your good to go. Wear your hair up to show off a pair of statement earrings. The heels add a pop to an otherwise fairly plain look.

6: A pair of printed pants make a statement. Add sparkle with a sequinned top. I think the silver hardware on these boots look great with the pants, and as an added bonus, they add a little more shine.

7: A simple LBD can be livened up and look more festive with shiny accessories. I chose this gold cuff to bring out the gold in the pumps. I think the pearls on them make the look very chic, and add a fun, unexpected twist to it.


I hope some of these outfits have given you ideas for what you'll be wearing to celebrate the holidays. I'm still not sure what I'll be wearing, but will try to add hints of sparkle wherever I can. 

Carmie

No comments:

Post a Comment